Skip to main content

Pursuing for Happiness

I rise to live, to smile, to go…

Another day keeps me going

As I take a road traveled in the past

I wander like a cloud in the sky

The bitterness of life I embrace

My silent companions make me realize

as i sit with bowed head and lowered eyes

Stop mulling over the dead haze..


I want to forget and forgive

the facts that are rooted in pain

Digging in my own back yard

the old and sullen truths

For long they bruised,

Its time for them to be drained

As i retrace my footsteps

Intending to refine my deeds

No longer i want to bear…

While I learn from my mistakes,

I promise to let go these fears


I try to catch my share of happiness, life offers

It orders me to free the sorrows and pains

Clinched in my fists, those unwanted stains

As I set them free, I see the heaviness flying.

I run in hurry all over to gather…

the smiles and blessings which are scattered

I place it well in the corners of my home

And it echoes behind the walls, telling its here

and sprinkles us when we laugh and share


As i live to get the joys

I am the dream and I am the hope

Happiness is mere reflection of you it tells

You hold the pains within

And then cry for all the done sins

Free what is ugly and burry it deep

For happiness doesn’t knock on sadistic fates

In blooming nests and lovely sights it dwells

From here on I say goodbye to my sorrows

Coz now i see my better tomorrows

Comments

VISHAL said…
Perfect Post :-)
Amandeep said…
"From here on I say goodbye to my sorrows
Coz now i see my better tomorrows"

God bless the thought and the thinker!! :-)
You write well, so why don't you write often? Don't you think it's not only a waste of talent but also a waste of thoughts which you could have thought but didn't?
JLT-999 said…
lost 'n' inspired ....keep it up

Popular posts from this blog

For you dear mum & dad - On your Anniversary

They are the ones who need no introduction, solely culpable for my creation. On this day they entered in holy wedlock. And together they ventured in this bonded bliss They are the ones to whom I belong n will ever do Thank you my guardian angels for everything you do. Revising the torn pages of my growing up tales the days of strictness and discipline that forever prevailed To make me a better person of what I am today. How much I abhorred your ascendancy and check, shrugging my shoulders off and had crazy frets How difficult teen I had been, doing all those sins; with much endurance you dealt, when I proved to be grim. How I grew in your embrace dear father with a new demand each day; some or the other And u smilingly met it each time without thinking twice Re-balancing your budget over paying for my toys' price the independence you gave and the trust you showed is beyond handful of thanks when today I think and grin One who sowed the seeds of patience, confidence and being ground

Little spare time

  I know I have a little spare time But I don’t want to lose it & later whine "Sit back and relax", they say But hey! What about the pieces, that could pay? Pay in terms of knowledge & feed my soul! Lose myself in words, scribble and some strokes should get it all What if I have some spare time, I want to use and not whine I want to explore my writings, I know I can write & incite "Funny lass!" "11 years, not a single write-up, is that your writing appetite?" "Oooo! Wait, I am on it, in multiple drafts are buried, voices from my head" Don’t know what feared me to publish them and spread.. I want to explore my sketches, I know I can give strokes to my imagination If not again I succumb to my procrastination Some goals I have set, my inner moods have been swayed I know I have a little spare time So sure not losing it, and making a little room to shine!    

My 2nd Canvas Painting